Teacher required to teach a pupil with cerebral palsy
Salary Details: Professional Grade
Hours of Work: 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only
Job Start: September 2017
Closing Date: Thursday 27th April (noon) 2017
Interviews: Friday 5th May 2017
Contract: fixed term
We wish to appoint an experienced and outstanding teacher to teach a Year 5 pupil with Cerebral Palsy. The person appointed will have an inclusive approach, so that the pupil can access the curriculum and develop relationships with others. A sensitivity to the pupil’s cognitive learning, physical and emotional needs is essential. He/she will be required to undertake ICT training in the use of ‘Clicker 7’, ‘Switches’ and ‘Eye Gaze’ equipment, plus manual handling/training (to support transitions and transfers). The successful applicant needs to work closely with outside agencies, the pupil’s mainstream class teacher and teaching assistants.
Salary Details: EHCC Grade D
Hours of Work: Full time
Job Start: September 2017
Closing Date: Monday 24th April (noon) 2017
Interviews: Thursday 4th May 2017
Due to one of our existing HLTAs moving on to start their teacher training, we are looking for an HLTA to join our forward thinking and positive team.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Shows a passion for their own learning as well as that of our children;
- Can demonstrate positivity, motivation and drive;
- Is able to work using their own initiative, as well as proactively as part of a team;
- Has a successful track record of whole class teaching and assessment;
- Is committed to their own CPD;
- Is flexible and adaptable in response to changing timetables.
We will ensure you:
- Have access to high quality CPD with support for future career path;
- Are surrounded by supportive and approachable colleagues who will help you professionally and personally.
LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT
Part time/job share considered
Salary Details: EHCC Grade A
Hours of Work: 11:55 – 13:05 Monday to Friday term time only
We are looking to recruit a caring Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant who enjoys working with children. The successful candidate will need to be: confident when dealing with pupils, a good communicator, a team player, calm and willing to undertake first aid training.
The role involves a variety of responsibilities, which are allocated on rotation:
- Playground/field supervision, dining hall duties and wet break supervision in class
- Promoting ‘Positive Play’, ensuring productive lunchtime activities for pupils, including the ability to make suggestions and involve yourself in activities
- Ensuring that good order and discipline is maintained in accordance with the school’s agreed Behaviour Policy
- Administering basic first aid and keeping records of accidents, liaising with other staff as necessary
- Attending monthly team meetings outside of the lunch period
- Attending training, where applicable
- Assisting with ancillary duties e.g. cleaning up spillages, wiping tables etc
- Ensuring confidentiality of dealings in school
- We would like to hear from you if you are patient, have a sense of fun and are committed to supporting all children to achieve their best.
Hiltingbury Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.
For further information or to arrange a school visit please contact the school office on 023 80261808