AFTER SCHOOL CLUB PLAYWORKER
Type of vacancy: Permanent, part time, term time only at Hiltingbury Infant School
Payscale: EHCC Grade C
Days and hours of work: 4 hours per week, Wednesday and Thursday 3:15pm to 5:15pm
We are looking for someone who will actively and enthusiastically assist our after school club team in providing a stimulating, happy and well organised after school club. The person appointed will support high quality play provision (including delivering a scheduled programme of activities), be involved in purchasing and preparing food, carrying out general childcare duties whilst ensuring children are safe at all times. The club serves Hiltingbury Infant School and is open to children attending the school from 4 to 7 years old. Although a Level 2 qualification in childcare or play work is preferable, it is not essential. Training in First Aid, would also be beneficial. For those not holding relevant qualifications there must be a commitment to undertake relevant training. Experience of working with children, reliability and a positive approach are essential. Visits are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
Application Deadline: Monday 24th July
LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT
Part time/job share considered
Salary Details: EHCC Grade A
Hours of Work: 11:55 – 13:05 Monday to Friday term time only
We are looking to recruit a caring Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant who enjoys working with children. The successful candidate will need to be: confident when dealing with pupils, a good communicator, a team player, calm and willing to undertake first aid training.
The role involves a variety of responsibilities, which are allocated on rotation:
- Playground/field supervision, dining hall duties and wet break supervision in class
- Promoting ‘Positive Play’, ensuring productive lunchtime activities for pupils, including the ability to make suggestions and involve yourself in activities
- Ensuring that good order and discipline is maintained in accordance with the school’s agreed Behaviour Policy
- Administering basic first aid and keeping records of accidents, liaising with other staff as necessary
- Attending monthly team meetings outside of the lunch period
- Attending training, where applicable
- Assisting with ancillary duties e.g. cleaning up spillages, wiping tables etc
- Ensuring confidentiality of dealings in school
- We would like to hear from you if you are patient, have a sense of fun and are committed to supporting all children to achieve their best.
Hiltingbury Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.
For further information or to arrange a school visit please contact the school office on 023 80261808