Hiltingbury Junior School
Teaching Assistant (1 to 1 basis)
(Opportunity to add lunchtime supervisory hours (5 hours per week) in addition to TA contract)
- KS2 Teaching Assistant to support a pupil with a cognition and learning need.
- 15 hours per week, 9.00 -12.00pm Monday to Friday term time only.
- Fixed term contract to 31st August 2019 – this contract will be attached to named children during their time at Hiltingbury Junior School. This contract will be reviewed at the end of the summer term and subject to funding may be extended.
- Teaching Assistant / Special Needs Assistant Grade C
- Actual salary range £5,972 to £6,517 (£17,224 to £18,794 FTE)
We require an experienced and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our friendly and successful school. Experience of working with children with a cognition and learning need is desirable.
Teaching assistants play a vital role in enabling our children to achieve their best and we value their contributions. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are keen to learn, have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, patience, be able to work as part of a team, have very good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with children. GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent) is required.
Application packs are available on the school website:
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2019 – 12 noon
Interview: Monday 4th February 2019
Hiltingbury Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.