LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT
Part time/job share considered
Salary Details: EHCC Grade A
Hours of Work: 11:55 – 13:05 Monday to Friday term time only
Actual salary: £2,340 to £2,387 (From April 2019)
Closing Date: 2nd April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking to recruit a caring Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant who enjoys working with children. The successful candidate will need to be; confident when dealing with pupils, a good communicator, a team player, calm and willing to undertake first aid training.
The role involves a variety of responsibilities and these are allocated on rotation:
- Playground/field supervision, dining hall duties and wet break supervision in class
- Promoting ‘Positive Play’, ensuring productive lunchtime activities for pupils, including the ability to make suggestions and involve yourself in activities
- Ensuring that good order and discipline is maintained in accordance with the school’s agreed Behavior Policy
- Administering basic first aid and keeping records of accidents, liaising with other staff as necessary
- Attending monthly team meetings outside of the lunch period
- Attending training, where applicable
- Assisting with ancillary duties e.g. cleaning up spillages, wiping tables etc.
- Ensuring confidentiality of dealings in schoolWe would like to hear from you if you are patient, have a sense of fun and are committed to supporting all children to achieve their best.
Hiltingbury Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visits are welcome and can be arranged via the School Office.